About us

We Treat You Like Family‚Äč 

AMBROZY TAX SERVICE INC. has a long history of serving the people of the greater Philadelphia area, South Jersey, and beyond. Originally, the Ambrozys owned a check-cashing business and a gas station in the booming Polish community of Port Richmond. Our family matriarch and founder, Helen Ambrozy, could speak some Polish and became a trusted resource for the Polish community who would come to her for help translating their tax returns.

The founding of Ambrozy Tax Service was a natural progression for Helen, allowing her to formally support those that had placed their trust in her over the years. The bond with the community would grow exponentially over time, but the pillars of the business always stayed the same: honesty, trustworthiness, and affordability.

These values were passed down to her son, Joseph Ambrozy Sr., who would keep the tradition going along with his wife, Helen, until their retirement after more than 50 years in the business. Today, Ambrozy Tax Service includes the third and fourth generations of the Ambrozy family and is run by Joseph Ambrozy Jr. with his two sons, Joe III and Michael.

Times and taxes have changed over the years, but the traditions have been passed down to every generation of Ambrozy. Likewise, our customers have passed down their trust in us to their children and grandchildren. We currently have customers in almost every state, but their roots, like ours, originate in Port Richmond

our dedicated team

Schedule Your Appointment Today

Schedule your appointment with Joe Jr., Joe 3rd, Michael , or grab the first available appointment that will fit your schedule.
Appointments can be scheduled for either locations,
Philadelphia or South Jersey.

Schedule An Appointment Contact Us

Frequently Asked Questions

The timeframe for receiving a tax refund varies depending on how you filed and the method you chose for the refund. Typically, e-filers can expect their refund within 21 days, while paper filers might need to wait up to 6 weeks. However, using direct deposit can expedite the process.

Yes, if you’ve lost your W-2 or haven’t received one, you should first contact your employer to get a replacement. If that doesn’t work, you can use IRS Form 4852 as a substitute for your W-2 when filing your taxes.

The standard deduction is a fixed amount you can deduct from your taxable income, and it varies based on your filing status. Itemized deductions, on the other hand, require you to list eligible expenses you’ve incurred throughout the year, such as mortgage interest, charitable donations, and medical expenses. Depending on your individual circumstances, one might be more beneficial than the other.

It depends on various factors, including your age, filing status, and other income types. Even if you’re not required to file, it might be beneficial to do so, especially if you qualify for certain tax credits or need a refund of withheld taxes.

You can deduct necessary and ordinary expenses you incur while running your business. This might include costs for office supplies, travel, advertising, and more. However, personal expenses and capital expenditures, like long-term equipment, need to be treated differently. Keeping thorough records and receipts is crucial.

Significant life events can have notable tax implications. For instance, getting married might move you into a different tax bracket, or you may choose to file jointly with your spouse. Having a child can make you eligible for tax credits like the Child Tax Credit. It’s essential to inform your tax preparer about such changes to ensure you’re taking advantage of any applicable benefits.